Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas - - - 2007

Last year on New Year’s Eve, we had some friends over to celebrate with us. As the kids played upstairs, the big people sat around the table talking as we were accustomed to. As the topic of blessings came up, our friend Matt said, “2007 is going to the year of miracles!” As we sit here at the end of 2007 reflecting back over the year, we have realized just how truly blessed our families have been. It was about 1 year ago when our family found out that we were chosen to be the adoptive family of our little Landon. When we actually found out that we had been chosen on Christmas Eve last year, we could have ended Christmas right there and then because we couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas gift. The following months contained events that were truly inspired because we don’t have any other way to explain them. Landon was born the third week of January and our lives have been even busier and happier ever since. This year, we each wanted to list a few things that we are most grateful for as we look back over the year.

Todd: “I am grateful for a wife and mother who is the most dedicated and hard working person I have ever met. She cares for our kids, works from home, teaches Skye, changes diapers, drives all over town to dance and PE classes, and a myriad of other things. I am thankful to have such a wonderfully perfect mother for my kids.”

Stacy: “I am grateful for a husband who is thoughtful to say such nice things about me, especially on those days that you doubt yourself. I am grateful for two healthy, happy, energetic, unique children that because of them I can be called a mom. I am grateful for another mother that I call our family’s hero, that showed our family what true love and selflessness is.

Skye: “I am grateful for Landon’s birthmom because she gave us Landon.” (now after she said this we had to ask her to tell us more things she was grateful for because she stopped at this one…after wiping our tears away, this is what else she said) “I am grateful for my family, playing tag with Landon, jumping on the trampoline, my dance class, our house.” (parent side note…we are especially thankful for a warm home at this time of year because it is so cold here in Palmdale…we had snow last night!)

Landon: We’re just sure he would say: “Balls that I can throw and chase around the house, Desitin Cream, Cheerios, binkies, wooden chairs that I like to gnaw on (we call him our little beaver), and lots of and friends and family that loved me even before I came home.”

As a family we are so grateful for each one of you that kept our family in your prayers and thoughts as we went through the adoption process and the encouragement through conversations, phone calls and emails. Thank you!

We acknowledge our Heavenly Father’s hand in our lives and we are grateful to Him for a year of miracles.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,

Todd, Stacy, Skye, and Landon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to the Hendersons! Thanks for moving to Palmdale and being a part of our lives. One of the greatest gifts that we have is being together in this life as family. Enjoy your children when they are young....they grow up old way tooo quick!

Amber said...

I love your blog!!!! So fun seeing pictures and reading up on your family! LOVE you guys!!