Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Palmdale 10K


Some time ago I set a goal to run a 10K race and then eventually a half marathon. On November 8, I finished a local 10K in 59:25. It was a blast being out there running on the street and the feeling of finishing was great. I signed up for the SLC Half Marathon in April of next year, so I am currently getting ready for that.


The kid in the picture is one of my scouts who did the race as well. He finished well ahead of me and came back and ran the last 1/4 mile with me.

7 comments:

Pemberley Court said...

Congratulations!

Tara Ann said...

Congratulations Todd! You look so great. Are you going to do the half marathon with Paul and Erin? What an accomplishment-I have never run for that long before.

Ty said...

Congratulations on the accomplishment! It's a pretty good feeling, that's for sure. I ran a race for the first time this year--Ft. Wayne's inaugural half marathon. It was actually a pretty cool thing to do which surprised me. You'll be surprised at how easy it will be to jump from 6 miles to 13. Once you get up to 8-9 miles, it seems to get easy from there. I'm jealous of your weather. It's snowing and in the low 30's today--don't feel much like running outside and I hate the treadmill... Anyway, congratulations!

heather said...

Call us when you come to SLC!!!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome Todd! Congrats on the 10k! Looks like I'll be kickin your trash at the half marathon in SL. I'll be the chick passin you up!;)

The blogging Bakers said...

Hey Henderson's,it's us the Baker's. Congrats on the 10K I did one on Thanksgiving as well. I am training for the Provo half marathon next August. The blog is cute. Next time you are in town, call us Stacy:)

Amber said...

WAHOOO!!! Congrats! That is so great of you!!